Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What Summer's lookin' like

The beginning of summer has been a sort of calm before the storm. Hiking in the beautiful Appalachians, watching great old movies like Roman Holiday, reading Wizard of Oz aloud with the family, playing tennis, etc. But I just got to Camp Orchard Hill, which will soon pack out my schedule. This week is orientation for the staff and I'm learning a lot about working with swarms of kids, both good and bad aspects. I'm scared, but excited for what this summer camp adventure will bring. I feel inexperienced, but I know that God has incredible things prepared for this summer. To explain what I'll be doing more specifically: I'll be in charge of 10 campers ages 9-12. The ultimate purpose is to help them learn and grow in the love and knowledge of God. We counselors will be watching over them and mentoring them. Ill be in charge of a small group, lead games with them, take them swimming, hiking, rock climbing, canoeing, etc, etc. I'm really excited for what's in store, just waiting to see what God does in my life and the lives of the campers while I'm here.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds really awesome and fun!! :) can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you've figured out the harmony for Kumbaya... you will need that for the last day of Camp...

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it just me, cause this "robot verification" is annoying, ehh anyways~ it was peaceful to feel somewhere in the mountains through your writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun!!! How long are you working?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you'll be an expert by the time the camp is over :D

    ReplyDelete