Sunday, August 3, 2014

Begin Again


Two weeks ago I went to see this new Indie movie called Begin Again. I went into the movie with expectations of greatness because of the cast, the original concept, and because it was wholly centered around music. But even after talking it up in my mind for weeks, the movie still managed to blow me away. It was heart-warming, inspiring, and perfectly paced.
The gist of the movie is that Dan, a record labeler who bit the dust after a very successful career, hears a woman named Gretta sing in a bar and her voice breathes life into him. She's completely downtrodden, having just come out of a relationship. Her boyfriend, a very talented singer, had become a celebrity and the fame consumed him. Gretta was cast aside in all the lights and  popularity. Dan convinces Gretta to record music with him, and since the record company he once owned won't back them, they have to record an album on minimal funds. What they decide to do is record the music outside in New York City rather than in a studio. In that way they can incorporate the sounds of the city into their album.
I'm not going to tell you the rest because you should watch this movie if you love music. If you are going to watch it, I need to warn you though, the movie is rated R because there's a lot of profanity. But trust me, in spite of that it's a beautiful movie that leaves you feeling warm and with wonderful music playing in your head.
(And the song in the trailer is one of my new favorites)
http://youtu.be/mKaIJTIXZVw

No comments:

Post a Comment